Information Collection- Use and Disclosure
During the course of your involvement with Mitchell’s Realty, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to obtain a loan.
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name
- Your residential address
- Your postal address
- Your email address
- Your home telephone number
- Your work telephone number
- Your mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address
Consent to photographs / audio or video footage and /or other images of your property, and/or family member, being utilised by Mitchell Realty Hervey Bay for any of the following purposes
- social media
- marketing and promotional activities
- newsletters and publications (electronic or hardcopy)
- or other specified use
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
In the event that you are a seller we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned by you, In the event that you are a buyer we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing.
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction.
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor.
- Insurance providers and brokers.
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers.
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents.
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned by you.
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems.
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- Real estate websites.
- Real estate peak bodies.
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, your legal adviser.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, and we therefore ask that you sign the consent on the first page of this document to indicate your consent.
In the event that you do not consent to Mitchell’s Realty Hervey Bay collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to your information and to request that Mitchell’s Realty Hervey Bay update or correct your personal information. A charge may apply for providing access to your information.
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone:
PO Box 1882, HERVEY BAY QLD 4655
(07) 4125 2950 or 0428 484 499